zaterdag 7 september 2013

So proud of this one, Z for Zombie.

Sometimes a page really comes together and this one did. I love the way it turned out, have a look!
I started with gluing some tulle down with matte gel medium. Then I glued the image down of a haunted house which I downloaded from the Internet. Next step I used Nerchau Structuring Fiber Paste for the ground which I covered with an open weave ribbon. After drying I painted all around the picture with Blonde Moments Suet Blue Lustre paint which has a shimmer and green acryllic paint which I gave a shimmer by adding Perfect Pearls. After drying I made a wash by mixing black acryllic paind with Golden Glaze. I painted all over, waited for a minute and then wiped with a baby wipe.
The gate was stamped with black embossingpowder. It's a Paper Artsy Stamp I bought this summer in France when I was there on holiday. I was lucky enough to find a craft shop that was going to close down and they were selling everything at a 70% discount, so I got this stamp for only € 8,-. I was over the moon with my find LOL! It does give a lot of depth to the page don't you think?
This handsom fellow is de digistamp bij Rick St. Dennis and I coloured him with Copics. I think the quality of the drawing is stunning, and so are his other stamps. After I finished the page I found his clothes were much too brownish so I gave the entire image a layer of cools greys and that did the trick.
At the top of my page I used texture paste and a stencil with branches on both sides. I took some gauze and took it apart. The threads make lovely fake cobwebs when you glue them down with mat gel medium. The cat, the bats and the spiders are satin Halloween decorations which I bought in a bag together with some pumpkins and skulls.

So that was it, I do hope you like my page and I'm off to check out what everyone else has made with the letter Z. Have a great Sunday, hugs Frea
I will enter my card for the Craft Barn Dictionary Challenge.
http://thecraftbarnblog.blogspot.ca/2013/09/alpha-dictionary-challenge-letter-z.html

15 opmerkingen:

  1. Super background, love the use of the netting (tulle) and all the textures. BJ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Gaaf zeg. Heel erg griezelig. Maar daar hou ik van dussss. Lol

    Super pagina, leuk dat je een van Rick's digi's hebt gebruikt. Pas maar op ze werken verslavend :-)

    Dank voor je berichtje op mijn blog
    Groetjes
    Monique
    Rsd edt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ha zusje, wat issie gaaaaaaaaf he?! Echt superleuk geworden, en dat ff op een avondje! Supertof hoor. Ga nu lekker op de bank hangen, ben gewoon echt moe van al het gesjouw vandaag :) Niks gewend he?! Hihi dikke X je zussie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Amazing scary Zombi page great effects and textures

    MaggieH

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Spooky!
    Love all the little details :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This page is awesome and so spooky! I haven't done my page yet (as usual!) xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Very cool page. All that texture. I just want to touch and look so much closer to see exactly what you have done (your description works too but I like seeing the real thing), lol. You colour choice and all the details just bring this page to life. I would not like to meet your zombie in his haunted neighbourhood or anywhere else actually. Stunning page Frea.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Fabulous texture and what a suitably creepy page. This is great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Fantastic page Frea, you should be proud of it! - Love the creepy atmosphere, all that texture really adds to the spooky feel. MMx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Brilliant page and great choice of word. Love all the texture and scary colours!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wuhuu! This sure is a groovy one! Great page - love the background - really creepy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wow! Your Zombie page is amazing!! There is so much texture and it's really scary looking too!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Best zombie interpretation so far!! Amazing work
    Thanks for playing
    Izzy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen